Funded by a generous endowment by Dr ST Lee, of Singapore, this Fellowship is awarded to professorial (or equivalent) status, for the purpose of supporting research in London in any field relevant to the work of one or more of the School’s nine research institutes and the Human Rights Consortium. This fellowship scheme is by invitation only.
ST Lee Fellow 2017-18
The School of Advanced Study and the Institute of Philosophy would like to welcome Professor Paul Harris as the 2017 ST Lee Visiting Professorial Fellow. Prof Harris is currently Victor S. Thomas Professor of Education at Harvard and is interested in the early development of cognition, emotion, and imagination. He is currently studying how young children judge what they are told about the world—especially when the claims are hard to check because they pertain to the past, the future, hidden causal processes, or the existence of extraordinary beings.
Prof Harris will be speaking at a series of events nationwide, finishing with a workshop hosted by the Institute of Philosophy at Senate House on Tuesday 23 May entitled ‘The role of ignorance: using metacognitive attributions in epistemology and psychology’.
Past ST Lee fellows
- Melanie Nolan (15-16)
- Greg Crane (15-16)
- Suresh Canagarajah (15-16)
- Dr Imre Demhardt (2014–15)
- Philip Pettit (2014–15)
- Dr Lawrence Joseph (March - Sept 2014)
- Brian Ferneyhough (Nov 2013)
- James Shapiro (May - June 2013)
- Steven Shapin (May - June 2012)
- Charles Brittain (Jan - June 2011)
- Michael Williams (Mar - Aug 2010)
- David Nelken (Sept 2008 - Feb 2009)
- Sukanta Chaudhuri (Sept 2007 - Jan 2008
- James Pfiffner (Jan - June 2007)
- William Furley (Feb - July 2006)
- MacDonald P. Jackson (Jan - June 2005)
- Lolita Nehru (Feb - June 2004)
- Alastair Hamilton (Dec 2002 - June 2003)